EP 0441993 A1 1991-08-21 - Actuator plate for keyboard.
Actuator plate for keyboard.
Betätigungsplatte für eine Tastatur.
Plaque d'actionnement pour un clavier.
EP 90102672 A
The present invention concerns an actuator plate (1) with integrated short-stroke keys (7, 3, 5, 25, 28, 32) in particular for keyboards of outdoor automatic teller machines. The relatively inflexible actuator plate (1) is completely flat and has one or several key fields (9) forming a continuous part with the actuator plate. From the plane of the actuator plate, the individual key field (9) may be deflected downwards, conveying to the user actuating the key a tactile key stroke. This is achieved by a first arrangement (11) of a series of slots (12) surrounding the key field (9). At a greater distance therefrom, a second arrangement (15) is positioned, the slots (16) of which are arranged so that the spacing between the first and the second slot arrangement (11, 15) is defined in such a manner that the area of actuator plate (1) enclosed by the two slot arrangements (11, 15) functions as a spring (19) on which the key field (9) is suspended. The actuator plate (1) with the integrated short-stroke keys, designed according to the invention, combines the advantages of mechanical keyboards consisting of individual keys with those of foil and diaphragm keyboards, without displaying the disadvantages of the latter. <IMAGE>
IPC 8 full level
Citation (search report)
- [X] DE 3618131 A1 19861204 - SHARP KK [JP]
- [Y] DE 2046612 A1 19710408 - LEMATEX INC
- [Y] DE 3108183 A1 19820204 - MATSUSHITA ELECTRIC IND CO LTD [JP]
- [AD] IBM TECHNICAL DISCLOSURE BULLETIN. vol. 24, no. 1B, June 1981, NEW YORK US pages 734 - 735; SEBROSKI: "Long life, finger-actuated elastic diaphragm switch assembly"
- [AD] IBM TECHNICAL DISCLOSURE BULLETIN. vol. 14, no. 3, August 1971, NEW YORK US page 767 SEDARIS: "Elastic diaphragm switch"
- [AD] IBM TECHNICAL DISCLOSURE BULLETIN. vol. 12, no. 11, April 1970, NEW YORK US page 1923 BARKER: "Elastic diaphragm switch"
- [AD] IBM TECHNICAL DISCLOSURE BULLETIN. vol. 13, no. 7, December 1970, NEW YORK US page 1943 GEIL: "Elastic diaphragm switch"
Designated contracting state (EPC)
DE FR GB IT