Global Patent Index - EP 1028921 A1

EP 1028921 A1 2000-08-23 - HIGH REFRACTIVE INDEX GLASSES, MULTIFOCAL CORRECTIVE LENSES CONTAINING SAME

Title (en)

HIGH REFRACTIVE INDEX GLASSES, MULTIFOCAL CORRECTIVE LENSES CONTAINING SAME

Title (de)

GLÄSER MIT HOHEM BRECHZAHL, DIESE GLÄSER ENTHALTENDE MULTIFOKALE KORREKTURLINSE

Title (fr)

VERRES A INDICE DE REFRACTION ELEVE, ET VERRES CORRECTEURS PROGRESSIFS COMPORTANT LESDITS VERRES

Publication

EP 1028921 A1 (EN)

Application

EP 98949600 A

Priority

  • FR 9712664 A
  • US 9820350 W

Abstract (en)

[origin: FR2769618A1] A high refractive index glass has composition (by wt., on oxide basis) 29-35% SiO2, 0.5-5% B2O3, 0.5-3% Li2O, 4-8% Na2O, 0-2% K2O, 28-40% PbO, 4-14% BaO, 4-12% La2O3, 3-8% TiO2, 0-8% ZnO, 0-4% ZrO2 and 0-5% Nb2O5, the sum of Li2O+Na2O+K2O being 5.5-9%. An Independent claim is also included for a multifocal corrective lens comprising one or more segments of the above high refractive index glass welded to a main lens of relatively low refractive index.

IPC 1-7 (main, further and additional classification)

C03C 3/066; C03C 3/068; C03C 3/072; C03C 3/074

IPC 8 full level (invention and additional information)

C03C 3/072 (2006.01); G02B 1/00 (2006.01); C03C 3/074 (2006.01); G02C 7/06 (2006.01)

CPC (invention and additional information)

C03C 3/072 (2013.01); C03C 3/074 (2013.01)

Designated contracting state (EPC)

DE ES FR GB IT

EPO simple patent family

FR 2769618 A1 19990416; FR 2769618 B1 20000121; BR 9812743 A 20000829; CN 1272832 A 20001108; EP 1028921 A1 20000823; EP 1028921 A4 20060405; JP 2001519316 A 20011023; WO 9919266 A1 19990422

INPADOC legal status


2007-05-11 [REG HK WD] APPLICATIONS WITHDRAWN, DEEMED TO BE WITHDRAWN, OR REFUSED AFTER PUBLICATION IN HONG KONG

- Document: HK 1026413

2006-11-15 [R18D] EP-APPLICATION DEEMED TO BE WITHDRAWN: (CORRECTION)

- Effective date: 20060401

2006-11-02 [18D] DEEMED TO BE WITHDRAWN

- Effective date: 20060615

2006-04-05 [A4] SUPPLEMENTARY SEARCH REPORT

- Effective date: 20060220

2006-04-05 [RIC1] CLASSIFICATION (CORRECTION)

- IPC: C03C 3/072 20060101AFI20060214BHEP

2006-04-05 [RIC1] CLASSIFICATION (CORRECTION)

- IPC: C03C 3/074 20060101ALI20060214BHEP

2006-04-05 [RIC1] CLASSIFICATION (CORRECTION)

- IPC: G02C 7/06 20060101ALI20060214BHEP

2000-12-20 [RAP1] TRANSFER OF RIGHTS OF AN EP PUBLISHED APPLICATION

- Owner name: CORNING S.A.

2000-12-06 [RIN1] INVENTOR (CORRECTION)

- Inventor name: COMTE, MARIE, J.

2000-12-06 [RIN1] INVENTOR (CORRECTION)

- Inventor name: MARQUES, PAULO

2000-08-23 [17P] REQUEST FOR EXAMINATION FILED

- Effective date: 20000509

2000-08-23 [AK] DESIGNATED CONTRACTING STATES:

- Kind Code of Ref Document: A1

- Designated State(s): DE ES FR GB IT